Senior Editor Goodbye: Sophia DiPrimeo

Sophia DiPrimeo '23, Senior Editor

Wow, it has been a wild ride. I still remember walking into the first newspaper meeting my freshman year having no idea what was going on, but excited to try something new. Four years later, here I am, and I am so proud of how far the newspaper has come, from the paper newspapers freshman year to the weird pdf uploads on the school website to now having our own website. We’ve been through some crazy ups and downs with Covid and writer influxes and shortages and I’m so glad to have been along for the ride.

Mr. Marchese, you are the best. Thank you for all the time you’ve put in working with me to make this newspaper a success, especially all the time spent trying to figure out this new website. It’s been crazy, it’s driven both of us up a wall at times, but it’s been a blast. Thanks for basically giving me free rein over the newspaper this year, and taking in mind every single out-of-the-blue idea I’ve had, and good luck with all the craziness to come. Also, I did publish that Powderpuff article, sorry it took so long 🙂

It’s been fun, but I’m so happy to be able to hand off the editing responsibilities to my junior editors, Susanna Coyle and Elizabeth Dyke. I wish you all the best in running the newspaper next year, and I hope you have as much fun with it as I’ve had. It’s a lot of work and trying to figure out what on earth is happening with the website, but I’m confident you can rise to the challenge.

And finally to the rest of the writers on The Nazareth, especially you, Sadie. Just keep writing and doing what you do best. I will definitely be checking out the newspaper from time to time, and I’m so excited to see what you all come up with in the coming years. Good luck with everything, with the newspaper, with school, and with life. Best wishes in the coming school year.

And finally, signing off for the last time. It’s been a great year y’all!

Sophia DiPrimeo ’23
Senior Editor, The Nazareth