The Student News Site of Nazareth Academy High School

The Nazareth

The Nazareth

The Nazareth

Spring Concert
Spring Concert
April 30, 2024
Bread Basketball
Bread Basketball
April 2, 2024
Diving into the PCL
Diving into the PCL
March 17, 2024

Campus Minister: Mrs. Stanton

Last year, Nazareth hired a new campus minister: Mrs. Stanton! In her second year, I received the opportunity to speak with about her role as campus minister and her experiences so far at Nazareth.

Previously, Mrs. Stanton held a position as a theology teacher at St. Basils Academy. She stated “All of my previous jobs have been teaching in the theology or English field. I never considered becoming a campus minister.” After St. Basils closed, Mrs. Hardy reached out to Mrs. Stanton about accepting this position at Nazareth. When I asked why she chose to take this new opportunity, she smiled and replied, “I think the job chose me more than I chose the job. Once I read the description, I just felt a stirring deep inside me. I knew this was something I was meant to do.”

Mrs. Stanton found the sense of community at Nazareth refreshing, a feeling heightened only a few days into her first year. “On Freshman Day last year,” she said, “I felt the excitement and fellowship from the entire Nazareth community, supporting each other and the freshman. This really solidified my feeling that I was meant to be here.”

When I asked what her plans for the future at Nazareth were, she thought for a moment and said, “My main goal is to create a Kairos vibe every day, ensuring that the whole school feels that real sense of fellowship and support.” As a school community, we are excited to see how Mrs. Stanton will advance this community-oriented outlook, and we are very lucky to have her!