The Student News Site of Nazareth Academy High School

The Nazareth

The Nazareth

The Nazareth

Spring Concert
Spring Concert
April 30, 2024
Bread Basketball
Bread Basketball
April 2, 2024
Diving into the PCL
Diving into the PCL
March 17, 2024

Spring Concert

Spring+Concert

This past week was the music department’s annual spring concert! The show opened with orchestra performing the theme from Patton and “Dance the Night. This was followed by jazz band playing “Woodchopper’s Ball” and “I Feel Good,” and chamber ensemble playing “Shenandoah” and “For Those Who Have Served.” Act I closed with a performance from Sax quartet, playing “A String of Pearls.

Act II began with guitar ensemble performing “I Should Have Known Better,” “Ring of Fire,” and “Viva La Vida.” Next, String ensemble played “Scherzo” and “Autumn.” Following this was Pandamonium, an acapella group, who sang “Put your records on.” After, chorale took the stage. This year, we had student conductors for two pieces. Grace Palermo ’24 and Nell Duesler ’24 conducted the ensemble for “Good Night, Dear Heart” and “What was I Made For?” Lastly chorus rounded off the evening with a medley from Wicked. It was another great show which showcased the musical talent here at Naz!

Two days later, the department performed an abbreviated version of the concert for the school. The highlights were the senior solos, given by Grace Palermo ’24, Brielle Dilliplane ’24, Isabella Chango ’24, Daria Heletkanycz ’24, and Nell Duesler ’24. It was great moment for these girls to sing at Naz for one of the last times! A special thank you to the staff of the music department to put this together and keep the performance level at its best! As Ms. Chmelko always says, “If you love music, Nazareth is the place to be!”