The Student News Site of Nazareth Academy High School

The Nazareth

The Nazareth

The Nazareth

Spring Concert
Spring Concert
April 30, 2024
Bread Basketball
Bread Basketball
April 2, 2024
Diving into the PCL
Diving into the PCL
March 17, 2024

The Hills Are Alive at Nazareth

We’re saying so long and farewell to the sound of music as productions of Nazareth’s theater, Sound of Music, wrapped up on Sunday. The play was a roaring success with Nell Duesler ’24 as Maria and Daniel Swider (HGP ’24) as Captain Von Trapp. From the backdrops to the singing to the orchestra, there was not a moment where you weren’t in awe. This play also would not have been possible without the fantastic stage crew who worked constantly behind the scenes.

A special congratulations to Ms. Natalie Gravely ’05, who directed the play and worked hard every day to prepare the actors and actresses. Our hearts go out to the seniors who performed their last show on the Nazareth Academy stage.

Daria Heletkanycz ’24, who played Mother Abbess, is not letting music slip away after high school. “Before I went to high school, I never thought I would want to continue music in college. I always knew I wanted to go into medicine in college…As a senior, I realize how important music is in my life and how unhappy I would be if I didn’t include it in my college search. Music has now become a given to me.” Daria also offered advice to new students interested in joining the shows. “My advice to students who want to join the play next year is don’t be afraid to try something new! I have never been a huge musical theater performer. However, I always found myself somehow involved in the show by playing in the pit when I did not perform on stage. No matter how you get involved, you will make great memories and meet incredible people. Remember, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take!”

So, whether you want to sing on top of the mountains or you’re 16, going on 17, and looking to try something new, the Nazareth Theater Department is the place for you! Congratulations to everyone in the show, and good luck to our seniors!