The Student News Site of Nazareth Academy High School

The Nazareth

The Nazareth

The Nazareth

Spring Concert
Spring Concert
April 30, 2024
Bread Basketball
Bread Basketball
April 2, 2024
Diving into the PCL
Diving into the PCL
March 17, 2024

The Sixers are the #1 Seed

Beat the Celtics 106-103; James Harden is 0-2 with the Clippers

What a great start the Sixers have had to this season!

James Harden having been traded, the Sixers now have Tyrese Maxey putting up more points and assisting the ball more than he had last season.  Within these past 7 games, we have seen a lot of growth from Maxey while Joel Embiid is averaging 31.7 points per game.  Also stepping up this season is Tobias Harris, who averages nearly 20 points. With a lot of time ahead of us this season, it is exciting to think about what could be with this team. On the Sixers’ end, the Harden trade could have strengthened this team by giving Maxey an even bigger role than he played last season.  Tyrese Maxey recently tied, then broke his assist record, which shows how much of an essential piece he is to this team and making the players around him better.  Meanwhile, the Clippers have been 0-2 since James Harden has joined them.  It surprises most people because all over the media, the Clippers “quite obviously” won the trade, but they’re already at 2 losses and this most definitely has to do with the lack of chemistry between the players. They already had three stars: Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, and Russel Westbrook. They had something good going on earlier this season, but now since there really is not much chemistry, they are probably not going to get many wins if they do not get it together fast.

It is so exciting to see how well the Sixers are doing now, but they must keep doing exactly what they are doing to stay on the top!