The Student News Site of Nazareth Academy High School

The Nazareth

The Nazareth

The Nazareth

Spring Concert
Spring Concert
April 30, 2024
Bread Basketball
Bread Basketball
April 2, 2024
Diving into the PCL
Diving into the PCL
March 17, 2024

Fall Sports Wrap Up

Pandas storm the PCL!
Cross Country Champs!
Cross Country Champs!

What an amazing first year for the pandas in the Philadelphia Catholic League! First off, the Nazareth cross country team secured the title of 2023 PCL champions. Junior Delaney Glynn finished third overall in a time of 21:53.98 to lead Nazareth to their first league title. Cross Country also holds the title of the AA district champions.

Soccer

Next, we have our Nazareth soccer team. The team had a great run in the playoffs but unfortunately lost 2-0 to archbishop wood in the PCL championship. They played their district game against Masterman and crushed them 7-0 to become AA district champions. In their next game, which was November 7th, they played Wyomissing in their first round of states. This is the first time Nazareth soccer has participated in states. Three girls made 1st team all catholic: Devon Cheeseman ‘24, Gracie Sullivan ‘25, and Reese Power ‘25. Two girls made 2nd team all catholic, Grace Reteneller ‘24 and Alyssa Browning ‘26. We also have Abigail Rock ‘25, who made 3rd team all catholic.

Next, we have our tennis team, which ended with a record of 4-3. They secured a spot in the

playoffs and had a great season. Our Nazareth volleyball team was just short of a spot in playoffs. The team has a very bright future ahead of them. Last but not least, we have our golf team, which had an amazing season. They secured the PCL championship this year. Adriana Seravalli ‘27 came in second place, and Casey Stone ‘24 came in third for the female individual championship. They soon moved on to districts and received the title of AA district champions. Adriana Seravalli placed 20th overall in states, and Casey Stone placed 35th overall. Nazareth’s fall sports had a fantastic year, and we hope for more titles in the future.